Make Something Monday- Upcycled Advent Wreath
It’s December you guys!
Can you believe this. I mean a whole year has just woooshed past my very sleepless eyes.
With December comes all the trimmings of the tree, the cocktails parties and of course the ever important Advent Calendar.
Each year I make an advent calendar for Lily with little things we can do in the month of December.
Ice Skating, breakfast for dinner, fancy bubble baths, movie night… that kinda thing.
This year everything just slipped by me so fast so I just didn’t have a moment to plan a fancy advent calendar. But my crafty spidey sense spotted a fun and quick upcycled advent calendar that ended up being just the most charming addition to our Christmas Decor.
Here is what you need:
- One paper shopping bag with a fun print. I used a Pottery Barn Paper bag
- A circle cut out. If you don’t have one, just use a scissors or cut whatever shapes you want.
- Glitter tape or any sort of colorful tape.
- Twine or string of some sort.
– Use your circle cutter to cut 24 circles.
– on the back of the printed side write your fun activities. I also added a few gifts for Lily under the tree. and that $5 to spend at Trader Joes is going to be a HUGE hit. It’s her favorite store… she can buy 5 cans of canned sardines! Also i threw in a ‘ no strict mom’ day… another favorite around here 😉
– using your glitter tape or colored tape… tape the circles to your twine. and TADA… done!
We draped them on our tree and they look so cute. Lily loves waking up every morning to see what treasured activity she gets to do that day.
Hope you have a really fantastic and blessed Christmas Season. These days go by so very fast… I have been trying to make an extra effort to just stop everything and enjoy the music, scents and sounds of the season!