Make Something Monday – Printed Baby Pants
It’s Make Something Monday.. yippee!!
* make Something Monday is something I started a while ago that encourages me… and hopefully you… to get creative and take a moment to MAKE SOMETHING over the weekend. On Monday… I share my creations.*
I have really been meaning to be consistent about this series… but life sometimes knocks me down ya know. So here we go again… this time i mean it!
These were SUPER easy to make. It took me about 20 mins. no joke. I freehand drew these triangles on with gold MARTHA STEWART paint. That lady knows her crafting. I am slightly obsessed with her GOLD paint these days. For a quick $2.99 at Michael’s Arts and Crafts you can GOLD everything you see.
So how to make these:
You need –
- A pair of pants. I bought mine at TARGET for $4 they are kids sweatpants in a size 12 months.
- GOLD Martha Stewart multi use paint from Michael’s Arts and Crafts.
- A foam brush and a regular soft bristled brush- I framed the triangle with the edge of the foam brush and them filled in with the soft bristle.
- Cardboard pieces. i.e.- cereal box.
- Creative spirit!
- Wash your pants ONCE before printing. Make sure it also goes through the dryer.
- Place a piece of cardboard – maybe a cereal box from the recycling bin- between the two layers of each pant leg. This keeps the paint from bleeding to the back of the pants.
- Get your paint… get your brush… and go create!
- Make sure your get clean lines when working on geometric designs… nothing like messy lines to mess up your creation.
- After the paint is dry, i like to toss the pants by themselves in the dryer for about 10 mins. This helps set the color.
- I also like to wash the pants with like colors… or some old towels once… to make sure the paint is set.
So there ya go. I hope to get a little fancy with my Make Something Mondays. I desperately need a creative outlet and this…dear reader… this will have to do for these busy diaper changing, no sleep, dealing with an 8YO going on 16 … days.
So, what did you make!