Brush like a JEDI
Jedi’s brush their teeth too and with a little help from some Star Wars friends, future Jedis like Lily – learned about oral health and got to take home some snazzy StarWars toothbrushes.
The event had lots of fun games for the kiddies… laser maze, black hole adventure, Starwars arts and crafts and even a scavenger hunt at Ripley’s believe it or not museum – which is where the event was held.
While the kids were being entertained, the mama’s were given valuable info about dental care from Dr. Ignelzi, DDS, PhD, a pediatric dentist and orthodontist.
Here are a few tips from the good Dr. to defend against cavities:
- Avoid Sticky Food – Fruit Roll ups and gushers are the WORST for kids teeth. The sugar eventually dissolves to acid rotting the teeth.
- Get into a routine – AM and PM brushing of the teeth.
- Help you kids brush their teeth till they are able to tie their shoes.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 months… watch for frayed bristles.
- FLUORIDE – make sure your child has fluoride, Our tap water does not have fluoride so lily’s doc has prescribed a daily fluoride tablet for her.
- First birthday, First tooth, First dental visit.
The new GUM Starwars toothbrushes came in 3 varieties:
Manual toothbrush twin pack – $2.99 – Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, Darth Vader, Clone Captain Rex.
GUM StarWars Lightsaber Toothbrush – $3.49 – These brushes light up and flash for 60 seconds to remind kids to brush for the entire time. These are so great and they light up to each characters light saber. Yoda – Green, Vader – Red, Anakin – Blue. Lily loves these!
GUM Starwars Power Toothbrush – $5.99 batterpowered, soft oscillating bristles comes in two characters – Darth Vader and Clone Captian Rex. (I am not a fan of oscillating brushes for young mouth. We recently has another character oscillating brush which i purchased at Target and the circular head fell out in Lily’s mouth. Not cool.)
*I was not paid for this post. I did attend a fab event and was given a goodie bag with sample products*