This post is sponsored by Tempur-Pedic, the brand millions of owners trust to deliver their best night’s sleep every night. Enjoy our Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer now and give the gift of custom comfort to someone you love.
Tis the season for all things joyous …and hectic … and hosting …and madness … But I digress.
The holiday season is my favorite time of year. New York is a magical place to be during this time. I live in Westchester County, the county right above Manhattan, in a quaint little town in Northern Westchester. Our downtown is lined with lanterns that are adorned with wreaths hanging from them, the Metro North is chugging along dropping off visitors and commuters and there is always the occasional holiday band playing joyous music for the locals.
I am thankful for all my blessings this season and mostly thankful for all the comforts in my life.
These are the comforts that make this holiday season special :
- A warm home to sleep in – We lost power for days during Hurricane Irene and the freak snow storm before Halloween and our house was freezing. I am grateful to have the comfort of warmth.
- Christmas Lights – Last weekend we went to see the lights in Manhattan. After skating at Citipond at Bryant Park and doing a bit of shopping we headed over to Rockefeller Center to see the glorious tree and take in the musical lights at Saks Fifth Avenue
- Roasted Chestnuts – my most favorite treat for the season!
- Handel Messiah – This is a gorgeous piece of music that comes around once a year. It’s absolutely stunning.
- Christmas Pageant at my church. I am directing the pageant this year and it’s such a treat! My friend Jeff sings ‘Ave Maria” as the Angel Gabriel and Lily has a line this year as one of the shepherds!
- The smell of Apple Cider wafting through the house. I have a batch of Cider on daily!
- Sounds of the season – We have been playing christmas music day and night in our home. I love it. I’m also singing in my church’s Christmas choir this year…It’s magical.
What do you find comfort in this holiday season?
Comfort is the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday gift list, so be sure to take advantage of Tempur-Pedic’s Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective